Press "Enter" to skip to content

Palazzo Cova, the other castle of Milan

The castello is actually a palazzo and was built between 1910 and 1915 on a project by architect Adolfo Coppedè. It is an astonishing example of the so-called gothic revival architecture which spread around Europe during the late 18th century, in contrast with the neo-classical style.

The tower of Palazzo Cova
The tower of Palazzo Cova

The castello features a tower with a crenellated parapet at its top, typical of the medieval architecture. Built with red bricks and white stones it develops on five storeys and the first floor features a loggia which further enlarges the massive shape of this building.

You can see it at:

Via Carducci, Milan

Underground stop: Sant’ Ambrogio – Green Line

 

One Comment

  1. The first world war in Milan The first world war in Milan September 27, 2016

    […] When in this area don not miss the chance to also visit the Saint Ambrogio Basilica and the nearby Palazzo Cova, an astonishing example of neomedieval […]

%d bloggers like this: